[Sidefx-houdini-list] force rotation of a particle?

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Thu Jul 29 20:42:24 EDT 2010

The following is from my Wiki. It should help. In your case, if you
don't want rotation, make sure you don't have "up" nor "orient" nor "rot"

Orienting a particle is useful when copying or instancing an object to
it. To align an object properly, at least two vectors are needed or an
attribute of type vector4. Houdini recognizes different attributes to
align with the *Copy Sop* and instancing. Both *N* and *v* works in pair
with *up*. *rot* and *orient* are vector4 quaternion attributes. Each
one supersede others in the following order (The ones below override the
ones above).

   1. v and up
   2. N and up
         1. rot is added to ones above