[Sidefx-houdini-list] H11 apprentice license problem

Alex Lim list at poh-yee.com
Thu Jul 29 15:46:10 EDT 2010

Hi Craig,

I had this exact same issue where one of the license server couldn't be
started (crashed when attempting to start). HoudiniServer works okay,
but sesinetd crashed upon starting up.

However, choosing the Apprentice licensing option works fine for me tho,
which pretty much is okay for me. But I don't know if this will be an
issue once I purchase the ApprenticeHD license.

My latest attempt that worked for me was build 456, x64, win7 on my
laptop, using Apprentice licensing. Today I also deleted my keys
directory and get a new key instead.

This was the message I got yesterday:

Faulting application name: sesinetd.exe, version: 11.0.0.455, time
stamp: 0x4c4fc8a5
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16559, time stamp:
0x4ba9b802
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000051c30
Faulting process id: 0x10b0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb2e7fe2f3916c
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\sesinetd.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 21468084-9a73-11df-83da-8f1fdf2f5d52