[Sidefx-houdini-list] H11 apprentice license problem

Alex Czetwertynski alex at franktheplumber.com
Wed Jul 28 16:17:50 EDT 2010


I noticed Chrome drops downloads fairly often with large files.  I usually
switch to Firefox when that happens


On 7/28/10 1:12 PM, "James Rutherford" <JRutherford at stclaircollege.ca>
wrote:

> Hey
> It kept downloading up to 19.6 meg and then it would stop.   It eventually
> worked fine using Internet Explorer this morning.  I had been using Chrome if
> that makes a difference.
> Jim
> 
> 
> ________________________________________
> From: sidefx-houdini-list-bounces at sidefx.com
> [sidefx-houdini-list-bounces at sidefx.com] On Behalf Of Monika Janek
> [mjanek at sidefx.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 3:56 PM
> To: sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
> Cc: sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
> Subject: Re: [Sidefx-houdini-list] H11 apprentice license problem
> 
> Hi Jim,
> Can you describe what sort of problem you were having with the download?
> 
> Thanks,
> Monika
> 
>> I got mine working fine this morning....had a problem download it though.
>> Jim
>> 
>> 
>> ________________________________________
>> From: sidefx-houdini-list-bounces at sidefx.com
>> [sidefx-houdini-list-bounces at sidefx.com] On Behalf Of Monika Janek
>> [mjanek at sidefx.com]
>> Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 2:52 PM
>> To: sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
>> Subject: Re: [Sidefx-houdini-list] H11 apprentice license problem
>> 
>> Hi Craig,
>> It could be that you already have a SERVER key installed in your
>> licenses.local file. What happens if you just try to launch Houdini now?
>> Can you post your diagnostic information.
>> 
>> Thanks,
>> Monika
>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>>  I followed all the instructions to install H11 apprentice, but my
>>> SERVER
>>> key keeps getting rejected (the other keys were accepted fine).  I
>>> previously had H10 apprentice working and had no problem.  Now neither
>>> work.
>>> 
>>> Any ideas?  This is on a Win7 64 bit laptop with Core i7, 8 GB RAM, ATI
>>> 5730 GPU, and I was having issues with the H11 License Administer not
>>> exiting without having to be killed by Windows (H10's License
>>> Administrator seemed fine).
>>> 
>>> I wanted to get H11 Apprentice HD, but wanted to make sure Apprentice
>>> worked first.  Would HD have a simpler licensing setup, or is it pretty
>>> much exactly the same?
>>> 
>>> Thanks for any help.
>>> 
>>> Craig Hoffman
>>> 
>>> 
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
>>> Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
>>> https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list
>>> 
>> 
>> 
>> --
>> Monika Janek
>> Systems Administrator, Side Effects Software
>> Toronto, Ontario Canada
>> www.sidefx.com
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
>> Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
>> https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list
>> _______________________________________________
>> Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
>> Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
>> https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list
>> 
> 
> 
> --
> Monika Janek
> Systems Administrator, Side Effects Software
> Toronto, Ontario Canada
> www.sidefx.com
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
> Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
> https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list
> _______________________________________________
> Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
> Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
> https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list




More information about the Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list