[Sidefx-houdini-list] H11 apprentice license problem

craigleehoffman at aol.com craigleehoffman at aol.com
Wed Jul 28 15:10:12 EDT 2010

Houdini 11 Apprentice won't run with a "License Error Unable to connect to hserver for license acquisition" pop-up.  H10 Apprentice will pop up the "Install noncommercial license" pop-up you normally get when you first install Apprentice.  Than when you hit "Next" and "Accept" on the EULA, I get a pop-up saying "Error installing key: SERVER LenovoLaptop ..*****...   Please ensure that the server code and signature of the SERVER key for LenovoLaptop are correct"

 The H11 License Server won't let me run the "Diagnostics Information" due to "No Valid License Found", but the H10 version does let me run it and see that there is an old SERVER key from the H10 installation at the bottom, but not one at the top with all the new Keys and it says "Has SERVER license:  No ".

I can send the H10 diagnostic information if you would like (figured I shouldn't post it to the list, though).  Would that be relevant?

Should I just uninstall H10 and H11 and try again?  Should I delete/edit the local licenses file?

Thanks,
Craig