[Sidefx-houdini-list] macs and Houdini and disk partitions

Chip Collier photex at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 20:55:13 EDT 2010

I dual booted linux and leopard on my macbookpro and used the same home folder for both of my user accounts. I just added a mount point for the HFS+ disk and then just made sure I added myself to the linux partition with the same uid and gid and my accounts home folder to be /Users/<username> (Users was a symlink to /System/Users). Worked fine and I got to share my shell profiles. Indeed the key was not using HFS+ Journaled. What's cool is that journaling can be enabled and disabled at anytime, so as long as I didn't need to reboot to linux I just kept it on.