[Sidefx-houdini-list] Ubuntu, macs and Houdini

Alex Czetwertynski alex at franktheplumber.com
Fri Jul 23 21:31:41 EDT 2010

Yeah, I have been using Houdini on a MacPro and have found it to be
extremely stable.  The only cases I've seen beach balls are on pyro or fluid
sims, or on Mantra launch

I guess one of the questions is also how important it is to know Houdini
within the Ubuntu/Linux context wrt working with Houdini in production at FX
houses.  Is it usually considered a plus to be able to know your way around
a linux environment?  Is there anything that comes in more handy in terms of
file handling etc...?