[Sidefx-houdini-list] Dynamic/Static Friction on property POP - Rigid body particles ?

Vinz ubik.lists at noos.fr
Wed Jul 21 07:39:06 EDT 2010

Hi,

There are two intriguing properties on the property pop, dynamic
friction and static friction and the help card talks about rigid bodies
particles, how do you create these ? Else when are these properties used ?

Also I found a very old thread on the sideFX forum
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=2069&highlight=rigid+body+particles
talking about a RBDcreate POP which creates thoses Rigid Bodies
particles, but the link to the odforce example is dead.

I'm aware of the popswithrbdcollision example but it's not using these.

I guess it's something that has been removed, and all that remains are
the friction properties but I'm quite curious.

Thanks a lot for clearing things !

Vincent