[Sidefx-houdini-list] network bgeo generation vs local

houdini houdini at retrovertigo.nl
Tue Jul 20 12:55:01 EDT 2010

  Did a test on Linux and the same issue. Network writing is a lot slower than
writing locally (factor 2). But if i add the copy/move time the difference per
file is smaller. The network writing cost around 27seconds to perform, the local
writing plus copy 22 seconds. The time might be dependant on the size of the
bgeo (52mb file here), not sure if it has impact on the performance .

Hans