[Sidefx-houdini-list] network bgeo generation vs local

Francois Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Tue Jul 20 12:47:59 EDT 2010

At some point we started using them for that reason but after my benchmark
I realized it took a lot longer to compress compared to copy time it
saved.

We end up with a setup making use of local cache as much as possible, i.e.
when the file is not needed by farm. However I still use gz when space is
an issue.

François