[Sidefx-houdini-list] network bgeo generation vs local

Francois Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Tue Jul 20 10:38:13 EDT 2010

I've done some benchmarks regarding working local vs network for file
generation and I've come with those results.

131 sec. to bake a bgeo file on the network vs 8 sec. locally. To copy the
local file to the network takes 40 sec.

So what I do know is to bake locally and copy to save time. Before I
create a pipeline for that I was wondering if others have dealt with that
and how. Is there an option? Is that issue only on Windows.

François