[Sidefx-houdini-list] unpremultiplied rendering?

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Mon Jul 19 10:58:47 EDT 2010

On Monday 19 July 2010 01:53:46 am katrin schmid wrote:
> hi,
> i have been asked to unpremultiply passes post render.
> Which sort of lets me wonder if we i couldnt render this way in first
>  place. Anybody know how to do this?
> Best Regards,
> katrin

	Yeah, AFAIK there's no way to render this out directly.  You might want to
mention that every 3D software package in the world renders layers this way,
and many compositing packages like Nuke even have a handy button on the read
node to deal with this invisibly...

	Never mind, that will just cause trouble.  I hate political stuff like this
instigated by people that don't understand the tech...

	*sigh*

	Cheers,

	J.C.

---