[Sidefx-houdini-list] accessing 'reference copy' from python.

Campbell McGrouther Campbell.McGrouther at rsp.com.au
Thu Jul 15 22:19:30 EDT 2010

Hey everyone,

Has anyone out there had any luck getting 'reference copy' to work from
within python?

I want to automate the process of creating a node, and then do the
equivalent of right clicking and running 'reference copy' on the new node.
I have written some python to make a copy then run setExpressions to
link the parms, but it's becoming a bit more work than I expected,
testing out the different types.
Methods that look promising in the docs say 'yet to be implemented', but
possibly I'm missing something.
Thanks.

--
campbell mcgrouther
vfx artist - lighter | campbell.mcgrouther at rsp.com.au
rising sun pictures | www.rsp.com.au
phone +61 8 8400 6400 | mobile +61 406 062 703