[Sidefx-houdini-list] Buggy Objectt CHOP with bearing option

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 08:14:34 EDT 2010

Looking more closer to the objlookat() function it seems it is doing the
same calculations as the lookt at parameter in the object properties.
I mean, it always orient the Z local axis of the object towards the target
object. The up vector actually only rotates the object arounf the oriented Z
axis.
In Maya aim constraint you have an aim Vector which is really useful.
So the thing I am looking for is to be able to orient any axis, X, Y or Z,
so one possible solution is to apply a secundary rotation if I need the Y or
X axis rather than Z.
I have made some test multiplying the output of objlookat by
rotaxis(90,"[0,1,0]) to use the X axis as the aim vector, but not working
really well so far, I will keep trying.

--
Un saludo
Best Regards