[Sidefx-houdini-list] Buggy Objectt CHOP with bearing option

Edward Lam edward at sidefx.com
Fri Jul 2 09:09:18 EDT 2010

Pablo Giménez wrote:
> I am trying to mimic the aim constraint from Maya in Houdini using the
> Object CHOP.

Why not just use the Object "Look At" parameter directly?

> export my channels. Middle clock in the null node force to recook and the
> problem seems to be solved but then  I move the target object around and the
> constrained is not following it.

The symptoms sound like a classic evaluation infinite recursion problem.
Ensure that you're not exporting in some way back to some dependency
that your CHOP nodes require. The Object CHOP will require cooking the
world transform of those specified objects.

> Am I missing something or this is a bug in the object CHOP.
> Has anybody had the same problem before?
> Using H10.0.484

For any CHOP work, I recommend moving to at least H10.0.671.

Regards,
-Edward