[Sidefx-houdini-list] Buggy Objectt CHOP with bearing option

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 06:08:56 EDT 2010

Hi houdiniks.
I am trying to mimic the aim constraint from Maya in Houdini using the
Object CHOP.
Basically makes the local asix of one object to point towards another.
Using the bearing option in the Object CHOP sounds as an straighforward
soluition, and it works perfectly as long as your constrained object is at
the origin and then you don't need a reference object in the Object CHOP.
To make it working properly you need to use your constrained object  as the
reference object, this way you can move your cosntrained object around and
the aim will work.
But when you set a reference object I got an error in the null I am using to
export my channels. Middle clock in the null node force to recook and the
problem seems to be solved but then  I move the target object around and the
constrained is not following it.
Rotation parameters in the constrained appears as normal, not linked to the
chops null, so seems the reference object in the Object CHOP is breaking the
channel export for some reason.
Am I missing something or this is a bug in the object CHOP.
Has anybody had the same problem before?
Using H10.0.484
cheers

--
Un saludo