[Sidefx-houdini-list] ssh and the jump menu

Mark Elendt mark at sidefx.com
Fri Jan 29 10:24:42 EST 2010

On Friday Jan 29 at 13:22, Phil Spicer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to assign a ssh command as part of the jump.pref menu
> system? Some of my students as part of group project work, are
> storing files on a central local drive; however still need access to
> these files as if they were part of a shared network space.

There's a little known fact that Houdini files support the http:
protocol.  For example, you can set a texture map to:

    http://wpcontent.answers.com/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/93/Mandril.jpg/200px-Mandril.jpg

For a different kind of monkey.

This is only possible for read-only files of course.  But it works for
verified).  For example:

    % houdini http://mark.elendt.com/mandril.hip

I don't know if this helps, but I thought I'd mention it.

> BU - the UK's Number One New University
> The Guardian University Guide 2009 & 2010
>
> This email is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email, which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person.
> Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Bournemouth University or its subsidiary companies. Nor can any contract be formed on behalf of the University or its subsidiary companies via email.

Mark Elendt