[Sidefx-houdini-list] How would you import multiple attributes into vex... arrays?

Robert Kelly isstuff at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 23:48:50 EST 2010

http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?/topic/10547-how-would-you-import-multiple-attributes-into-vex-arrays/Here
is what i worked out on od[force]

I have stuck with a simple vop that imports the a string attribute with the
inputted int after it. i found that the import function seemed to not update
if its string changed from one point to the next.

i have a shite load of hidden parameters _attrib_1 attrib_2 etc and the
parameters reference one string with the expression `ch("attrib_name")`1
and   `ch("attrib_name")`2  etc
the inside of my vop is

if ($attrib_num == 0) $success = import($_attrib_0, $adata,
$input_index, $ptnum);
else if ($attrib_num == 1) $success = import($_attrib_1, $adata,
$input_index, $ptnum);
else if ($attrib_num == 2) $success = import($_attrib_2, $adata,
$input_index, $ptnum);
else if ($attrib_num == 3) $success = import($_attrib_3, $adata,
$input_index, $ptnum);
else if ($attrib_num == 4) $success = import($_attrib_4, $adata,
$input_index, $ptnum);

Mario gave some suggestions that i am yet to test accros more than one
point.

I may revamp this in future but for now i must keep chipping away on the
rest of the task

thanks