[Sidefx-houdini-list] Closure

Edward Lam edward at sidefx.com
Sun Jan 24 23:46:40 EST 2010

On Sun, January 24, 2010 08:54, Mark Elendt wrote:
> You can look at either the GQ library or maybe GEO_PointRefArray.
> Both build additional topological information.
>
> With a GQ detail you can traverse edges to find edges that don't have
> pairs (i.e. a boundary edge).
>
> It's more work to do it with a point ref array.

FYI, the purpose of the original paper[1] that GQ_Detail is based upon had
an elegant algorithm for creating convex hulls. However, I'm not sure if
GQ_Detail implemented enough of it to simply use the algorithm mentioned
in the paper (it might).

-Edward

1. The paper reference can be found in GQ_Detail.h.