[Sidefx-houdini-list] How would you import multiple attributes into vex... arrays?

Robert Kelly isstuff at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 16:29:50 EST 2010

ok my email got cut off making a more complicated question look simple. This
has happened before. this email should have > 20 lines in it

I have a vop sop and i am looking to import a list of int point
attributes such as...

closest_pt_curve_0
closest_pt_curve_1
closest_pt_curve_2
closest_pt_curve_3
closest_pt_curve_4
closest_pt_curve_?

each attribute is needed to be tested against in a loop so if there are 18
attributes the first loop will need closest_pt_curve_0 and the last
closest_pt_curve_17. the documentation is a bit lite on for vex arrays. I
would probably would need to concatenate "closest_pt_curve_" with a number
too which i am not confident will work ether?

i can turn what ever vex code into a VOP node later but for now i need some
documentation or even someone to propose an answer my guess in pseudo code
(python meets vex)

def importAttribNum( stem="closest_pt_curve_",  attribNum=0):
  int data = 0
  import(stem + attribNum , data, 0)
  return data

any ideas