[Sidefx-houdini-list] SLUM for mantra

Moritz Moeller realritz at virtualritz.com
Mon Jan 18 02:11:09 EST 2010

On 01/15/2010 08:55 PM, Szymon Kapeniak wrote:
> Shrimp looks interesting indeed, but I think the real asset would be
> to have real time shaders support. Looks like Shrimp doesn't have it
> yet.

What use is that? Ever tried to port a production shader (or shading
pipeline) to GLSL? :)
GPUs are not built to deal with shaders of the complexity used in
offline rendering.

As such, a tool that supports building real-time shaders has a different
audience than a tool like Shrimp.
Afaik, there are a few good visual shader editors for real time stuff
already. And pretty much every better game engine these days comes with
a visual shader editing tool anyway.

.mm