[Sidefx-houdini-list] Level of Detail Parameter for Metaball Rendering?

Robert Persons robert at adtechinc.com
Thu Jan 14 14:42:53 EST 2010

Hi All,

I'm looking for a parameter to adjust the Level of Rendering Detail for
Metaballs when they are sent direct to H10 mantra.  I know that there is a
"metaconvert" SOP, but it has disadvantages in my situation.  I have a lot
of horsepower on the network to use for direct rendering of metaballs, but
the PC with hscript has more limited resources, so the large large polygon
conversions from metaconvert are crashing the system.

In H8 each geometry had a LOD parameter that related to NURBS models.  Is
there something like that for meatballs in H10?

Thanks,

Robert Persons

Robert Persons
Adtech Communications Group