[Sidefx-houdini-list] Sidefx-houdini-list Digest, Vol 228, Issue 2

craigleehoffman at aol.com craigleehoffman at aol.com
Thu Jan 14 14:00:17 EST 2010

I would suggest using the card method with a texture (normal or bump map to get the ridges and anisotropic specular shader) rather than fur for everything.  It is way faster and more controllable/art directable.  Perhaps add fur where you need 'frizz' like at the base of feathers.

For close-ups of the head, fur could be appropriate for certain areas, especially if you have a fair amount of wind and you want everything to move with the wind.

Cheers,
Craig