[Sidefx-houdini-list] i am looking for the best way to get my head into matrix math.

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 17:48:08 EST 2010

One thing to be very aware of, and to keep in mind when reading about
Matrices is that there are two types of ordering. Houdini uses row
major ordering:

From:
http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini10.0/hom/hou/Matrix4

"Most mathematical notations assume matrices are stored in
column-major format and that points are stored as column vectors. They
will often use A*B*C (or simply ABC) to refer to a combined transform
that first applies C's transform, then B's, and then applies A's. To
represent the same matrix expression in Houdini, you need to
concatenate the transforms in the reverse order. So, you would instead
write C*B*A."