[Sidefx-houdini-list] dop collision records into sops

John Lynch johnerlists at austin.rr.com
Tue Jan 12 21:16:13 EST 2010

If you're looking to do this as part of a SOP Solver inside DOPs, if you
go in to a DOP Net and put down a Sop Solver, by default inside it is a
subnet that creates a point per impact and has the various dop
expressions in it.  The DentingWithPOPs example in the help has this as
well (search for "denting").

If you only need the points in SOPs, Graham Thompson put a nice Python
SOP that creates the points and various other attributes on odForce:
http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?/topic/10368-rbdpointobject-instances-and-impacts