[Sidefx-houdini-list] Feather/Fur for Bird

craigleehoffman at aol.com craigleehoffman at aol.com
Tue Jan 12 18:26:53 EST 2010

Diana,

Do you want all the feathers to be geometry (perhaps simple low-res proxy geometry only) seen in your interactive viewport so you can determine and fix interpenetration problems or animate them, etc.- or do you only need to see them at render time?  Are they large stiff type feathers like an eagle, or small fluffy/furry down-like feathers, etc.?

There is no "one size fits all" solution for feathers- the solution needs to fit the design and needs of your project.  Houdini allows an enormous amount of flexibility and power for how to address something like feathers.

Good luck,
Craig