[Sidefx-houdini-list] Feather/Fur for Bird

Diana Li r.diana.li at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 18:16:12 EST 2010

Hi,

I am working on a project involves feathers on a bird like creature.  I need
some help to see what's the best approach.  The creature will fly, but only
in medium shots and long shots, and there is one close up shot of the head.
I haven't found any tutorial on fur/feather system.  After researching, it
seems that to create feather, it's adding fur on a tube like geometry, then
copy/instance it to where you need it.  Does that sound right?  I never used
fur, I'd really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right
direction. thanks.

diana