[Sidefx-houdini-list] How to improve sprite visualisation quality in the viewport.

Muhittin Bilginer muhittin.bilginer at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 11 09:12:43 EST 2010

Ah Yes, Cd helps for the opacity. but what I am talking about is just
the low resolution. In my case I have some people, like a crowd. And I
can hardly see any of the details... the viewport preview is just very
low res... Under Maya with a sprite node, I can see the smalest detail
of the faces... clothes etc. Under Houdini it is just a blur of
colors.

Any ideas?

On 1/11/10, François Duchesneau <sidefx at trinix.ca> wrote:
> If you're talking about the fact that there's no opacity then you'll be
> surprised as I was to know you have to add the Cd attribute to make it work.
>
> François
>
> Muhittin Bilginer wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am doing some work with sprites, where I have different image
>> sequences mapped on my sprites. This is almost the first time I am
>> using sprites since a long time. What I have noticed is that the
>> preview quality of the sprites in the viewport under Houdini is really
>> poor compared to the sprite preview in Maya. I do not remember it to
>> be that bad?!
>>
>> Is there a way to imporve this, a display option or setting... or some
>> kind of a cheat I can do with a quick shader? I tried
>>
>> It is a generic "Sprite POP" that is used. Nothing special. And I
>> think it is using a built in sprite shader.
>>
>> Many thanks.

Muhittin Bilginer | Effects Technical Director
Double Negative Visual Effects