[Sidefx-houdini-list] cant hide a multi parm parameter with python?

Graham Thompson captainhammy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 14:49:25 EST 2010

It's not so much a HOM thing as it is a general Houdini thing.  If you
actually attempt to hide a parameter in a multiparm instance, either through
trying to make it invisible  in the Edit Parameter Interface, or the
RMB>Hide Parameter, you will see that neither of those options work either.
 There is no way to hide individual instance parameters.

The only way to hide a parameter on an asset is through the Type Properties
but of course that will hide all of those parms in each instance.  If you
create the multiparm through Edit Parameter Interface then you can hide all
instances of the parameter through there as well, however as I mentioned
about you can't hide all instances of a parameter if it is defined on the
actual asset through the Edit Parameter Interface window.

Got to love dealing with multiparms.