[Sidefx-houdini-list] attribute signatures

Steve Tucker Steve.Tucker at Starz.com
Tue Feb 23 13:26:28 EST 2010

Nevermind... I don't know what I was doing... somehow it was there twice a moment ago... but not now and I don't think I changed anything :-/

 - Steve

Stephen Tucker, VFX Artist
p: 416.682.5200 x 5363  | f: 416.682.5209
Starz Media Canada Co. | 230 Richmond Street East | Toronto, ON M5A 1P4
www.starzanimation.com

-----Original Message-----
From: sidefx-houdini-list-bounces at sidefx.com [mailto:sidefx-houdini-list-bounces at sidefx.com] On Behalf Of Steve Tucker
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 1:19 PM
To: 'sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com'
Subject: [Sidefx-houdini-list] attribute signatures

Heyo,

When creating an attribute in say POPs, there ends up being no local variable in SOPs.

I've always just placed down an attribute create and mapped it over, but this results in having the attribute on the particles twice. Is there any way to add a local variable to the existing data or to remove the old date that has no variable so that the data isn't repeated on the geometry when you MMB on a node?

cheers
-Steve