[Sidefx-houdini-list] maya .ma SOP

Ivan DeWolf ivan at martian-labs.com
Sat Feb 20 23:28:17 EST 2010

I haven't heard of anybody doing this. I considered doing something like this,
it seems likely to be a difficult if not impossible trick to compile
an HDK dso that Houdini loads that also includes whatever libraries
Maya needs to open an .ma and deform geometry.

I thought it would be the right way to do it, but I never had the time
to tinker, and I had already realized you couldn't make significant
income selling it. So I just gave up without trying.

It might be possible to compile an inbetween DSO- the HDK .so would
link to it, and Maya would link to it, and you might be able to
compile it with a compatible subset of libraries...

seems like a worthy thing, if you can do it.

Quoting "katrin schmid" <Katisss at gmx.de>:

> hi,
> so after doing a custom creator and deformer SOP
> i started to think how easy it would be to da a maya .ma SOP...
> if you only suppport geometry and ertex deform.
> Just to safe me from redoing it: Is anybody aware of exisitng SOPs for that?
> Best Regards,
> katrin

Perfection is achieved when nothing else can be removed
-Yvon Chouinard