[Sidefx-houdini-list] chops and docs

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Fri Feb 19 13:19:25 EST 2010

As an example, I had a particle shots where my particles where jittering
because of a bad design for my goal system (I realized it many weeks
after the job). However, I coped with it just by importing the animation
curves for each particles into CHOP and applied a filter to remove the
high frequencies.

An other one, I created a ground cracking system where in chop I did an
animation curve of the gravity behavior. It was a bit like when you look
at a ball falling on the ground with some speed. Then each particles
(not from pop, just plain points in sop) had a time attributed animated
from a moving curve going toward the camera and this was used to map the
gravity curves in chop.

In the book I've learned how to different types of interpolation work
with cosine functions etc. Just for that it's worth the 35$.

François