[Sidefx-houdini-list] Orthographic camera projection

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Sat Feb 13 16:52:31 EST 2010

Hi,

I've created an otl to do camera projection at render time in vop. It
works fine with perspective view taking into account the focal, res,
pixel aspect ratio and aperture. To make sure this is gonna be
compatible with camera projection made in other software I wanted to
include the orthographic projection. However, after analysing the
uvtexture node with an orthographic camera, I've noticed that none of
the above parameters are taken into account. The only one is "Ortho
Width". So I went in Maya and camera projections don't seem to work with
orthographic camera.

My question is, have any of you ever seen an orthographic camera
projection? I feel I'm trying to do something that is not logical for
some reason :(

Thanks for the inputs and also let me know if some of you would like me
to put it on the exchange.

François