[Sidefx-houdini-list] Debugging HDK SOPs

Michael K. O'Brien mobrien at pixar.com
Fri Feb 12 15:03:59 EST 2010

Hola~

On both Windows and Linux and have much greater success with attaching to the
running Houdini process.

For Windows, Tools -> Attach Process inside of VS.

For Linux, I run:

    % ps -ef | grep houdini-bin
    mobrien  19375     1  1 Feb11 ?        00:20:04 /dist/sw/houdini/10.0/bin/houdini-bin

Pass the exec and proc number to gdb (or ddd):

    % gdb /dist/sw/houdini/10.0/bin/houdini-bin 19375

We've had problems with library load order and static initialization being
different when trying to start Houdini from gdb. I think it might be more to
do with the complexity of our own libraries, tho.

MO