[Sidefx-houdini-list] cloth seam constraints...

Phil Spicer PSpicer at bournemouth.ac.uk
Fri Feb 12 12:45:40 EST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to sew cloth panels together, and all of the seam constraint DOPs keep giving me errors. This is the same if I activate the seam through the Shelves or manually create them.

When seams with hard constraints are activated, the seam hangs locked in its original space with no deformations. If I specify a spring constraint relationship between the panels, the seams behave as they should reacting to forces however there are gaps between the panels. If I increase the spring constraint strength, the seams lock back to their original positions with no deformations...

The clothstitchseams DOPs all give me a yellow warning about a bad parameter reference no matter which seam constraint DOP I try.

Any thoughts most welcome...

Kind regards,

Phil.

BU - the UK's Number One New University
The Guardian University Guide 2009 & 2010