[Sidefx-houdini-list] Debugging HDK SOPs

David Johnson daveinengland at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 11:48:04 EST 2010

I have a SOP that I've built that mostly runs, but occasionally references a
polygon that I've deleted, which of course crashes everything.

My problem is that I don't know enough about software development and I
don't know what tools I should use to debug my code. I've heard that there
are debugging tools that I could use, but I don't know how to use them.

I tried running
-->gdb houdini-bin
but that only goes a little way and closes down houdini right away. What
else should I use, or am I running gdb wrongly?

Anyone that can give me a clue here would be helpful.

Dave