[Sidefx-houdini-list] Surface from image stack

Mark Elendt mark at sidefx.com
Thu Feb 11 15:19:05 EST 2010

On Thursday Feb 11 at 14:46, Mark Bolstad wrote:
> I have a stack of black and white images that consist of a set of
> disconnected circle like shapes. First, how do you extract the boundary
> curve(s) and pass them to a SOP?
>
> Second, given a set of these extracted curves, I need to join them into a
> surface (assume some fixed offset between the curves). The problem is that
> in some cases I'll have two curves on one level and 1 curve on the next
> level (the actual data is bifurcating somewhere in between the levels).
>
> The application is reconstructing neurons from a set of electron microscopy
> images.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

Could you make a volume (even an i3d file)?
The ISO SOP with an inside/out expression?

If the topology changes (i.e. you have two circles blending to one),
that could be problematic.

If you are guaranteed to have only one circle, then use the trace SOP
and poly loft (or poly spline and skin).

--
Mark Elendt