[Sidefx-houdini-list] Surface from image stack

Mark Bolstad the.render.dude at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 14:46:18 EST 2010

I have a stack of black and white images that consist of a set of
disconnected circle like shapes. First, how do you extract the boundary
curve(s) and pass them to a SOP?

Second, given a set of these extracted curves, I need to join them into a
surface (assume some fixed offset between the curves). The problem is that
in some cases I'll have two curves on one level and 1 curve on the next
level (the actual data is bifurcating somewhere in between the levels).

The application is reconstructing neurons from a set of electron microscopy
images.

Any help is appreciated.

Mark