[Sidefx-houdini-list] material naming

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Wed Feb 10 13:52:03 EST 2010

Hello all,

I'm creating some new materials.

Everything is working fine except I don't seem to be able to change
the original name of the material after I start building it.

If I rename it at the shop level, I get a black render and an error
that says

	mantra: VEX error: Unable to open op:/shop/materialNew/
vopsurface1.vex   Path not found
	mantra: VEX error: Unable to load op:/shop/materialNew/
vopsurface1       Path not found

If I change the name back to the original one I first typed in, it
works.
Also, if I copy and paste the material node ( which also changes the
name by add a "2")  it renders fine.

I don't recall running into this before.
I wonder if I'm missing something I need to change by editing the
parameter interface.

Any thoughts??
Hopefully I'm just missing something simple.

Larry