[Sidefx-houdini-list] Shadow matte in an AOV

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Wed Feb 10 11:39:37 EST 2010

Hi everyone,

I want to create my effects with the shadow matte in a separate pass of
the same render as a standard procedure. It works fine with the "Shadow
Matte Vop" plugged into a custom parameter. However since the diffuse()
call automatically calls shadow() I was going to re-create my own
"Lighting Model Vop" and vop_lighting function to make sure the shadow
is not included in the beauty pass.

Is there already a way to do it in Houdini and if not is it something
you guys would like to because I'm tempted to ask an RFE for a shadow
switch on the "Lighting Model Vop".

Thanks for your feedback.

François