[Sidefx-houdini-list] OT. Workstation Hardware Qs

JUSTIN REEVES jreeves16 at msn.com
Tue Feb 9 20:33:36 EST 2010

I havent owned a Quadro and havent even used a machine with one on it, So I can only go off of what you guys all think so thanks for the info.  What about running SLI, does that seem reliable or is it better to just spend it all on 1 card.
  The Gibbscam software company recommended against SLI.
Also what about hard drives, I know youll get more speed out of striping, but there is the reliability, what seems to be the better more used choice today, Even if I did run striped drives there is also storage on the network so if a machine drive crashes nothing is lost.
Stange though I looked into the CAD/CAM software that the machining industry uses (Solidworks, AutoCAD, GibbsCAM, MasterCAM)they mostly point people toward the Quadros. but Im sure they dont care what the costs are to you.

Justin Reeves