[Sidefx-houdini-list] OT. Workstation Hardware Qs

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 19:11:16 EST 2010

My experience, including with the i7, is that Hyperthreading is 100%
useless. I usually turn it off in the BIOS to prevent "fake" CPUs
being reported.

Others may disagree :) I use Houdini DOPs and Mantra with a variety of
threading settings when I tested. No increase in speed with HT on.

Cheers

PeteR B