[Sidefx-houdini-list] OT. Workstation Hardware Qs

JUSTIN REEVES jreeves16 at msn.com
Fri Feb 5 17:48:27 EST 2010

OK I found some other questions, I noticed the Xeons are the same processors as the corresponding i5 or i7, so the question whether Xeons are better or not is out, with them being the same, but I noticed a big difference in checking information, that AMD doesnt have hyper threading and intel does, does hyper threading largely affect 3D software? If so I would assume intel is the way to go.
I looking at bang for buck a Quad Core PhenomII 3.4 w/ 8MB cache is priced to a i5 Dual core 3.4 w/ 8MB cache and Hyper threading
what your opinion, I would think the raw power out weighs the hyper Threading, no?

Justin Reeves