[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini performance on Windows 7 vs Linux

c.p.brown cpb at snotbubble.com
Fri Feb 5 12:10:52 EST 2010

There's a noticeable overall stability/performance improvement over win32.
So far after a month there have been no crashes, no failed renders, sims
have gone through faster than in linux... all good.
However I'm using newer versions of Houdini and have been avoiding COPs.

The downside is you have to manually re-create the limitations, sysdadmin
costs and general F.A. that comes for free with linux :P

-cpb