[Sidefx-houdini-list] ssh and the jump menu

Jim Price shadeops at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 09:48:17 EST 2010

Houdini even supports reading the sections out of Digital assets via the
http: protocol.

http://localhost/myAsset.otl?DialogScript

A while back ago for fun I put together a really simple asset manager using
PHP and the http: file accessors.  So in your file sop you'd have,

http://assetServer/getAsset?SHOT=test&ASSET=epicBox&VERSION=latest

And this would serve up the specified version of the asset.  Aside from
being slightly silly, one of the gotchas was the '?'.  With the question
mark Houdini thinks you are trying to reference a section in an asset so all
the webserver would get is the http://assetServer/getAsset.  My quick
workaround was to use a simple Apache rewrite rule.

So the File SOP would actually have
http://assetServer/getAsset|SHOT=test&ASSET=epicBox&VERSION=latest
and Apache would rewrite the | as a ?.  This would prevent Houdini from
gobbling up the ?

It was fun to play with.  :D