[Sidefx-houdini-list] RmanPtcSop - RenderMan point clouds in Houdini

Drew Whitehouse drew.whitehouse at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 18:38:40 EST 2010

Hi Dan,

You may be interested in a thing that I've been using to automatically
build a cmake config by parsing the output of hcustom. The idea was to
have something that can adapt to SideFX changing flags and libs. Like
yours it's only working for osx and linux a the moment.

http://code.google.com/p/hdk-config/

Your cmake file is more refined than mine so I might borrow a bit :-)

-Drew

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Dan Bethell <dan at pawfal.org> wrote:
> I'm glad someone appreciates that :) It certainly took a while to
> dissect the makefiles and dig around in headers for the magic mac
> compilation flags. It's all wrapped up as the FindHoudini.cmake module
> in config/cmake so hopefully will save others some time/pain if they
> fancy diving into the HDK.
>
> dan
>

> On 02/02/2010, at 1:05 AM, Edward Lam wrote:
>
>> Personally, I was already impressed when he figured out how to
>> create a
>> Cmake file that could build an HDK plugin. :)
>>
>> -Edward
>>
>> Carsten Kolve wrote:
>>> Sweet, this is great stuff! Especially interesting is how you hook
>>> into the
>>> opengl side of things...
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Carsten