[Sidefx-houdini-list] How to generate PRMan Deep Holdouts with Renderman Rop

Alan Warren bluemoonshine at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 20:44:14 EST 2010

The prman ROP will generate a deep shadow map if you set any of Houdini's
lights to
"depth map shadow" mode. Try it and examine the RIB to see for yourself.

You can also setup the ROP to do exactly what you typed above. Just set the
main Display
to use the zfile driver, and configure a single AOV using the deepshad
driver with "deepopacity"
as the variable. The fly-out menus on the prman rop have all of these
presets available by default
afaik

HTH
Alan