[Sidefx-houdini-list] Setting Spare Parameter's Menu Script Dynamically from Python

Graham Thompson captainhammy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 00:50:44 EST 2010

Assuming you are using Houdini 11 there are a couple methods to deal with this.

You can do it initially when creating a menu parameter:

pt = hou.MenuParmTemplate("test", "Test", [],
item_generator_script="things = ['a', 'A', 'b', 'B']\nreturn things")

You can create the parameter template first then add the script and
set its language:

pt = hou.MenuParmTemplate("test", "Test", [])
pt.setItemGeneratorScript("things = ['a', 'A', 'b', 'B']\nreturn things")

If you are using Houdini 10 you are out of luck as menu parameters
have virtually no working support in HOM.