[Sidefx-houdini-list] NDC coordinates problem

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 06:46:10 EST 2010

Hello all.
I need to get some NDC coordinates to use them to query pixels in a texture map.
I have a custom VOP that allows to get pixels from a custom file format.
So far, using Transform VOP and pass the position to NDC is working if
the map has the same resolution as the render.
But what I want to do is to be able to use half res maps, so I need
NDC coordinates that works with a file that is half res of my current
render.
I have checked the transform after the NDC and it doesn't seems to
normalize the position into a [-1, 1] box.
also I am not sure if this should be done in the NDC stage or into the
operator that acess the texture file. I am not doing this custom VOP
so I dont knowthe internals, just trying to pass to it an usable NDC
coordinates for half res textures.
Is ti possible?
Thanks

--