[Sidefx-houdini-list] Maya as a Houdini Modeling tool...

Dan Schneider eyevex at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 31 03:28:49 EDT 2010

I watched this video a couple of time after seeing it on odforce....

Part of me (the very very geeky part) loves it.  But trying to figure out the
practicality of it.
I would seem it might be a conveiniant wat to work for one person running both
apps, but If I was operating in houdini on a model I am not sure if I would want
it updating in real time. There are alot of reasons for this, temporary changes
that could be picked up and then compensated unnecessarily for, proliferation of
bugs, or topology that might be later cleaned... The i guess it would come down
to having a 'hold' sort of mechanism where it could be refreshed on demand or
commited from the other end, which as mentioned could be accomplished with
caching and may be a notification system of cache changes.

I have trouble too wrapping my head around the use, although the TD in me also
just loves seeing the apps just apparently playing nice together. :-D