[Sidefx-houdini-list] Maya as a Houdini Modeling tool...

Georg Duemlein rdg at preset.de
Mon Aug 30 19:41:58 EDT 2010

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 00:00:48 +0100, Pablo Giménez <pablogipi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Well for this you don´t need to have both tools running at the same
> time, you can create the IFD offline from Maya and send it to Mantra.
> I mean for modelling render test, not to render a scene, but I think
> is what you want to do.

How easily this can be achieved depends on lots of factors in your
pipeline.
Which translates to: "You would need to have the resources to establish
and maintain such a feature".
The tech demo on the other hand looks quite impressive and ready to go out
of the box.

Though being a huge fan of extruded boxes I'd rather see some real
examples before placing any bets here.

--
Georg Duemlein